Sunday, May 2, 2010

Urbanisation

After reading from all the different websites on urbanisation, I feel that urbanisation has more bad points than good points. Although urbanisation occurs naturally from individual and corporate efforts to reduce time and expense in commuting and transportation while improving opportunities for jobs, education, housing, and transportation. At the same time, city populations are growing faster than city infrastructure can adapt, therefore, lack of housing,lack of infrastructure services,lack of property rights, air quality worsens in urban areas and traffic increases which lead to more car accidents. All the bad points seemed to have more serious effect on everyone, just take air pollution as one case. With bad air purity, when people breathed in the air, they may likely get a disease or become sick easily. When many people get sick, they will not be able to work and it will cause the whole development of the country to slow down drastically, the consequences are much higher. I am not saying that urbanisation is totally wrong, but many people are pushing too hard, everyone wants to have a job, but have you ever thought of the country, will it be able to 'hold' so many people at a goal? And what about the environment, will it be able to take this ever-lasting situation?

3 comments:

  1. I find your information very true and original.I agree with what you said and I think you have done a great job in describing.

    However,I suggest that you had various paragraphs as I find it very hard to read a whole chunk of words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The information you have provided is very interesting. Just to change the subject, Singapore is the most urbanised city in the world, I cannot believe it. Yet, Singapore has not much pollution. Why can't other countries like America change?

    In addition, please arrange your information in paragraphs, I lost my wording while trying to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel that not all places that are urbanised are polluted that heavily. I some urbanised places, the pollution is very low. There are also enough housing. However, also there claims to be education, sometimes, that is not the case. In some urbanised places, if you are very poor, you might not have the money to pay the school fees. Hence, urbanisation might be good or bad, varying on a case to case basis

    ReplyDelete