Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Recount- Make someone happy but forced to make a sacrifice

Staring at the mountain on my desk, it just laze me from going over to my desk, it is such a fine and sunny morning but my feelings are totally opposite. Gloomy, I have to say. Still, I dragged myself to the desk and started doing the worksheets of end-of-year examination paper one by one, subject by subject. I was nearly suffocating in the loads of worksheets till my sisters bulged the door, ringing my room with her high-pitched voice. "It is time for breakfast and then to some shopping in Vivo City", I said sister said cheerfully. Turning around and looking at her with the helpless look on my face, I gave a reluctant expression just as my father came to rush me too. I explained to my father that I am studying for PSLE and could not go out with them.

His face colour totally changed as I finished my last word. He shook his head and mumbled, "I have such a luck to be free on Saturdays and you tell me that you need to do your work, seems like you have grown up, do not want to care about us anymore..." He continued his hurting persuasions as he moved towards the doorsteps. He just could not understand that preparation for this examination is very important and he thinks that I am using this as an excuse to not go out with them. My heart sank to the bottom of the sea, cold and hardened.

I was walking back and forth of my room, frustrating over this situation, thinking to go out with my family or to reject them and stay at home to study. If I reject them, they will be sad and they will think I am using studying as an excuse, but if I go out with them, I will have to sacrifice my study time for the entire day which may cause a big change in my PSLE score and my admission to secondary school. So how should I choose? To go or not to go? As I was thinking, I could hear my footsteps getting louder and faster even second, finally, I made a final decision. I shall go out with them and give up my study time instead. Why? A very simple reason, I just wanted my parents to feel happy as they have been waiting for such a long time for a chance to go out for breakfast and a day together, how could I destroy such an occasion just by my studying?

I changed out of my home clothes and wore a natty outfit and off we go to Vivo City.  

No comments:

Post a Comment