Sunday, April 3, 2011

Racial Slur should be illegal

Racial Slur should be illegal

Racial Slurs should be illegal as it insults the ethnicity, causes the upcoming of many racial riots and it also reflects on your manners taught by your parents and teachers. Offending words such as 9–iron and A.I were given to specific ethnic group to insult them just because they are of different skin colours. This would bring up the possibility of racial riots if an ethnic group could not tolerate anymore and “fight” with the other ethnic group. Insulting people shows that you have no manners and that your parents and teachers did not educate you well. Racial Slurs comes about when there is discrimination among ethnic groups and not being able to tolerate such insults.

Reflections:

Personally, I have seen and heard racial slurs before when I am in Primary School but they are unintentional as they are unaware of what they are saying. But after I enter Secondary School, I see many of my friends deliberately insulting other races on their bad points as my school is only a single race. It is very unpleasant when I heard them saying such stuffs but they could still laugh at what their saying. This is not what I should see in such a good school like Hwa Chong.

No comments:

Post a Comment